|Twenty-two years’ experience addressing educational challenges on a global scale through distance learning and online learning initiatives including the Abdul Latif Jameel World Education Lab, OPENPediatrics, MITx and MIT OpenCourseWare. Extensive background in strategic planning, management, and evaluation/assessment; open education strategies and intellectual property rights in the higher education context; live and online event planning; and database implementation and management. Significant fundraising experience, including grant writing, corporate sponsorship and individual donation campaigns. Proven written and oral communication skills, including five years’ work as a writing instructor, extensive presentation experience, and publication history.
- Online learning and distance learning content development: Management of teams developing implementing online learning in a variety of environments including OpenEdx, Drupal, and Blackboard.
- Program management: Consensus-driven articulation of organizational mission, goals, and values; development of strategic initiatives, key programs, and success measures; budgeting, staffing and resource allocation.
- Fundraising: Development and execution of fundraising programs in nonprofit contexts, including corporate sponsorship, grant writing and individual donation campaigns.
- Communications: Strategy, message and collateral development; traditional mass media and social media public relations; feature writing and public speaking.
- Strategic partnership development: Mission-focused development of strategic partnerships; leadership in consortia development.
- Evaluation: Evaluation strategy and plan development; qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis; web metric analysis.
- Intellectual property management: IP strategy development in educational contexts; management of educational content using open content licenses; materials licensing for educational programs.
- Technology implementation: Information architecture, design and implementation of relational database systems; information architecture and design of web sites.
- Increased OPENPediatrics’ community size from 1,500 to 18,000+ in three years
- Boston Children’s project lead for development of the Alicanto Cloud social learning platform used for OPENPediatrics and MIT J-WEL
- Senior manager of MIT OpenCourseWare for 11 years
- Founding president of the OpenCourseWare Consortium
- Designed and managed programs generating $3 M in revenue and $4.4 M in additional commitments for MIT OpenCourseWare
- For less than $5k, developed and taught “Mechanical MOOC” Python programming course with more than 13,000 learners enrolled